Elorriaga Industria Eléctrica S.A. “Lancor” was founded in Bilbao in 1943. Since its establishment, the company was dedicated to the supply of high quality electric machines, specializing later in the electric motor sector for elevators.
With the change of century Lancor 2000 S.L. moved from its old factory in Ribera de Zorrozaurre, where it was based since 1958, to more modern facilities located in El Campillo polygon (Gallarta, Biscay). From there the company works to export the products it produces to elevators in all countries. Lancor 2000 S.L. has been one of the driving forces of the evolution of the sector since the generalization of the use of elevators, in the middle of the last century.
Two workers of the company remember that, while it was located in Zorrozaurre, many of them used the boats to reach the peninsula and the talk about the queues formed there due to the high number of people working in the workshops in the area.
Around 2003-2004 the company sold the land it occupied in La Ribera, about 14,025 square meters. In October 2008, three buildings that in the past housed the company Elorriaga Industrias Eléctricas S.A. (Lancor) were demolished.
The conservation of the old Lancor office building is contemplated after the intervention of the urban Plan.
Travel to 2008: